What we know about
Modified Personal Interview (MPI)
- The virtual MPI (vMPI), an adapted version of the traditional MPIs.
- The MPI consists of 4 independent interviews assessed by four different interviewers. Each station is only 5 minutes and are completed asynchronously.
- Interviewers are closely connected to U of T’s medical community and may include physicians, medical students, residents, health professionals and community members.
- Each interview is approximately 12 minutes in length with MMI-style questions (ethical, situational, policy, personal)
- Interviews were virtual in 2021, no information has been given yet for 2022
Your friend tells you that he wants to take an "Introduction to Spanish" course to boost his GPA even though he is a native Spanish speaker. Native speakers are not allowed to take the course. What do you tell your friend?
The Cannabis Act 2018 came into action across Canada. What are your thoughts on how this Act has affected Canadians?
What health issue within our province are you most passionate about? Why?
What is your greatest strength and greatest weakness? Which one is more important to you?
Systemic issues exist in the provincial health care system. Discuss one of them and how you would address it.
Medical students are involved with many extracurricular activities. Choose one and talk about it.
Add some colour to your answers
Study up on these resources to improve on your answers and stand out from the crowd
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
You're not alone, get answers from the community
Get support from others who've been through this or going through it just like you!
I'm really hoping to be admitted into medical school. I know extracurriculars are very important. Do you have any extracurriculars that you would recommend I try out or to do?
As time goes by, I'm starting to realize that I'm not too certain or passionate about a career in medicine. How can I be certain or what can I do to rule out whether medicine is a good career for me or not?